Saturday, 19 March 2011

Celebrating popping out from my mother 48 years ago!

Birthdays are quite a funny concept really... celebrating the anniversary of popping out from your mother's womb and taking your first breaths in life. But they are a day when, if you are lucky, the people around you strive to give you not just presents or dosh but a feeling of being loved and thought of. I felt very lucky on mine.

Life is a series of moments, many mundane, some extraordinary, some awful. We fritter a lot of them away in a state of distraction, thus unable to feel really alive. I had a very "alive" day this March 18th, lots of fun moments, lots of quietly good moments. I might not have been feeling that well, I might have been in pain at times, but I had a sense of well-being, of enjoying all the moments, of being taken good care of by those around me helping me celebrate my birthday. So thanks to everyone who did something towards that day, whether it was a message on Facebook, or a card or a pressie or a phone call, or spending time with me and making sure I had a good laugh, singing with me, playing kazoo with me (or for me). I had a cool birthday... bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.