Monday, 14 March 2011

What to do before I die - part 2

I can think of a long list of things I DON'T want to do before I die (some of them are things I don't want to do JUST before I die, like, bungee jump, or skydive, for example). I DON'T want to lose my marbles, I DON'T want to carry on being so careless about my diabetes that I am liable to go blind and have my feet drop off, I DON'T want to live in Kent where the mountains are crap for another twenty years, and I DON'T want to learn to love mashed potato or soup.. amongst other things. Is this a start, I wonder? Most people finding themselves a little bemused in their middle years decide they should find themselves before they die... I am not sure I have ever been hiding from myself in the first place (5, 4, 3, 2, 1... ready or not, here I come!) I am a pretty uncomplicated being (think of the kind of things in life that please a toddler and you've got most of what I like!). I have never felt a "calling" though, to a particular defined course in life,  I have always been a meanderer and a dabbler... is this bad? Should I be searching behind the sofa and in the wardrobe for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.